|IC SW1R 13 was switching the McKesson Chemical Co. along Leake Avenue in New Orleans. The locomotive had been built in June 1946 as IC 9027, and was renumbered 612 in October 1953. The railroad extensively rebuilt the locomotive in October 1968, replacing its 6-cylinder 600-horsepower prime mover with an 8-cylinder 1,000-horsepower one, and renumbered it 13. It was to be the prototype for the rebuilding of the IC's entire fleet of SW1's, which would have been renumbered 1-17; but it was the only one done. It spent its later life in New Orleans, and was retired in 1988.