Title: |
L&N GE Quartet |
Description: |
Four-axle U-boats became a common sight on the south end of the Louisville & Nashville as soon as its first U25B's arrived in 1963, but a quartet of them was rather unusual. Here U28B 2504 (one of only five on the railroad), U30B 2508 (one of only five on the railroad), a U25B and and an unidentified unit (but either another U28B or U30B) wait at the east end of the Huey P. Long Bridge with an eastbound run-through train from the Southern Pacific. The open hood doors on the first two units were a common sight on early U-boats, as their door latches didn't work very well after a while. Notice that the 2504 still has an emblem on its cab side, while the 2508 has it this replaced with its road number. (approximate month and day) |
Photo Date: |
10/15/1972 Upload Date: 3/11/2014 8:34:25 PM |
Location: |
New Orleans, LA |
Author: |
Paul H. Oliver, Jr. |
Categories: |
Action |
Locomotives: |
LN 2504(U30B) |
Views: |
1583 Comments: 1 |